Configuring CAT for use with geteduroam
When you have set up a geteduroam server (instructions pending), you must create a CAT profile for your users.
Creating a geteduroam profile in CAT
You need an admin account on eduroam CAT for this
- Go to https://cat.eduroam.org/admin/ and log in with your credentials
- Select your institution
- Create a new profile using the button on the bottom
- In the redirect field, write the URL to your geteduroam instance, followed by #letswifi
Creating a hybrid profile in CAT
NOTE: This is advanced and you probably don’t need this!
If you want your users to be able to download the traditional CAT installers, but also provide geteduroam app users with an EAP-TLS configuration with generated certificate (regardless from what the profile normally provides), do this
- Make a change to the profile, keep the redirect field empty
- In the Submitted attributes for this profile screen, press Continue to Installer Fine-Tuning and Download
- Under EAP config, press Device-specific options…
- Press Add new option
- Set Redirection Target to the URL to your geteduroam instance, followed by #letswifi